AS07B42
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS07B42

AS07B42

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to tackle the minor ASDF laptop keyboard issue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

How to tackle the minor ASDF laptop keyboard issue Empty
PostSubject: How to tackle the minor ASDF laptop keyboard issue   How to tackle the minor ASDF laptop keyboard issue Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Some days ago, I did the strangest software pester ever. The keys "A Ohydrates D F" and "J T L" didn't work anymore. After rebooting, they worked again for a long time. Then they stopped working hard. Then they worked ever again. Oh, it was horrid. Searching for a elegant "asdf jkl" bug is absolutely difficult. I found about 3 distinctive Compaq CQ60 Keyboard problems similar to this one, although they always had difficulty the "Enter" key, far too. My "Enter" key worked well fine. Even if those problems might have been more similar to be able to mine, it wouldn't find helped. Nobody who has had those strange keyboard issues has found a remedy so far. First We looked for Ubuntu/Linux pertaining problems, and looked by means of various log files, i found out the first considerations didn't work even around the BIOS level. Oh, ?t had been horrible. Then I found a remedy. The keys were grubby. Not like the yellow patina you can see on old key boards - I clean my keyboard regularly, so this doesn't happen. Dust stuck strong inside, almost invisible. If it becomes visible, I wouldn't have looked for just a software problem for one hour. I suppose the airborne dirt and dust got wet from humidity within the air (sometimes I use my notebook from the kitchen). Turn off the laptop computer and remove one key along with your bare hands (gently). It's most easy for starters "g", "h" or "b" since you also can pull off the particular TrackPoint (the red sensitive mouse thing) first. Then it is possible to remove all letters (or all the more, at least remove that letters that don't work). Do remember your Dell M1330 Key pad layout. It won't be simple to Google the correct layout if you fail to type! This is the place to purchase hidden dust. Removing this dust was crucial to discover the keys working again (for me). When i wrote this, so that other notebook users with all the same problems can consider the solution in google and aren't required to spend an hour from the life searching for non-existent bothers, like I did.
Back to top Go down
https://as07b42.forumotion.com

How to tackle the minor ASDF laptop keyboard issue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AS07B42 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: